Thursday 6 February 2014

Experimental Blog Post: Who Seeks Shall Find

Dear Readers! :-)

Today I am not going to share with you anything I know but rather ask you for a little offer. Could you please share something you know about me with someone you know? If that sounds a little bit confusing, let me explain.

For those who liked my thoughts on CVs writing and job hunting tips, I am starting an experiment in order to evaluate whether social media, word of mouth and basic PR skills can help one get a dream job! Here is how it's going to be:

1. Here is a link to my LinkedIn profile

2. Here is my email address: mzhdanova401@gmail.com

3. Here is my colourful CV


4. Here is what I am asking you to do:

Would you mind sharing the link to this blogpost on your different social media accounts, saying that your friends is looking for a job, please (I hope you view me as your virtual friend;-)? Or if it is easier, you could just share this text:

"Proactive and self-motivated team player with strong communication skills, leadership ability and problems solving talent is looking for a job in the field of communications, public relations and/or marketing. Please, check her CV here: http://ua.linkedin.com/pub/maria-zhdanova/75/287/76a


5. Here is what I am going to do:

I will use social bookmarking tools, my networking talent and this blog to distribute the idea of me looking for a job to as many sourced as possible, so it reaches a potential employer. On the other hand, if you want me to share your CV here at this blog - just email it to me and we will raise a number of variables in our experiment.

6. What's next:

On 1st of March I will publish the results of this mini experiment telling you what was the audience reach for this blog post, how many people contacted me (contacted any of the participant of the experiment) regarding my CV/ how many job offers I go and finally was it all worth doing! :)


Thanks a lot for your help and let us climb the career ladder together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment