Wednesday 31 July 2013

How to be more productive?

This post will be more like a short note, but the thing I will tell you about today is really worth a seperate post. :)

I consider myself to be quite organized, but sometimes it all goes wrong and I just need something to motivate and encourage my 'lazy ass'. ;) I found that shopping is a good stimulator of productivity until you are bankrupted. This year I had to I write more than 30.000 words in English (academic English!) and after buying a piece of cloths for every thousand, I quickly became 'a well-dressed inspired' beggar. :(

Anyway, I am extremely familiar with the issues of procrastination, inspirational crises and living from one deadline to another. So the tool or the website I will write about later on, is a great solution for peopple working in any sort of 'creativity demanding industry'.

Once upon a 'third deadline around' my cousin (more like a friend with whom we pretend to be cousins) sent me an email with a link to one cool website. This website was developed by a bunch of American scientists who discovered that people cannot concentrate in a complete silence. Thus, in order to be productive you should always have some 'background noise' in your room/office. That is actually the reason why people tend to listen to the music while they work. However, music may be a bit distracting, because it makes you listen to the lyrics. 

So the scientists found a way to be creative without listening to music. http://coffitivity.com/ is the solution! Here what it says:



...the mix of calm and commotion in an environment like a coffee house is proven to be just what you need to get those creative juices flowing.


Now just go to that website, listen to the 'coffee house noise' and be creative! Moreover, you can listen to the coffee stuff and your favourite music at the same time! I really enjoyed it, even though it is difficult to argue if Coffitivity substantially challenges procrastination.

Here is a short diary of a person who used it and was satisfied.
As for me, it defenitely makes you happy in your own virtual coffee shop surrounded by imaginary visitors. Have a very productive day and tell me what you think! :)

P.S. This post does not look too short after all...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment